Home Prices Local Attractions & Useful Links
NEWTON MILL CARAVAN AND CAMPING PARK is Family owned and operated, and is OPEN ALL YEAR. It lies in an idyllic hidden wooded valley, with its own Trout Stream flowing the entire length of the park....Deer will often be seen running in the adjacent fields, and Kingfishers and Woodpeckers live on the banks of the stream. We are particularly proud of our David Bellamy Gold Award for Conservation whilst offering the standards of accommodation you would expect of an English Tourist Board 4 Star and AA 4 Pennant Park. The high standards of our centrally heated toilets have recently been recognised with the 5-STAR LOO OF THE YEAR AWARD (given to only 29 caravan and camping parks in the UK).
Lying as it does in its beautiful rural setting yet very close to the centre of the World Heritage City of Bath with a very frequent local bus service and nearby traffic-free cycle path, Newton Mill Camping Park offers the best of both worlds. It is an ideal touring centre for the many attractions of the region, or it is simply a place to relax, enjoy the birdsong, the babbling of the millstream and the abundance of Nature that surrounds you.
** CLICK HERE TO SEE VIDEO OF THE SITE **
The superb features of the park include:
- 90 Hard standing Caravan and Motorvan pitches each with electric hook-up and multi channel TV hook-up.
- 105 Tent pitches with room to park your car beside the tent, and lovely elevated views. Several of the tent pitches have Electric Hook-up facility. Please state you require this when booking.
- Special streamside meadow for hikers and cyclists.
- Spacious new heated toilet and shower blocks equipped and maintained to the highest standards with hot showers included in the pitch price and baths available for a small additional charge.There are individual washing cubicles and other private facilities. There is also a well equipped toilet/shower room to meet the needs of disabled people.
- Our own attractive Old Mill Bar and Restaurant which lie beside the millstream in part of the 350 year-old millhouse is open every day throughout the year.
- Wide selection of popular meals served with 'Al Fresco' stream-side tables.
- Camp shop which sells fresh milk and bread.
- Children's out-door playground.
- Well equipped launderette.
- Tourist information room.
FREE FISHING and WOODLAND WALKS
***** Buses to Bath city centre from close to the camping park every ten minutes! (No. 5). *****
The Bath - Bristol traffic free cycle path is nearby.
This leads to the Kennet & Avon towpath cycle path
- miles and miles of beautiful, level traffic-free cycling !!!!
TARMAC ROADS THROUGHOUT THE SITE.
HOW TO GET TO US
We are close to the A4 about 2 miles West of Bath towards Bristol.
If approaching from Wales or the M5 from the North, take the M4, then M32 and immediately look for signs for THE RING ROAD A4174. Continue along the A4174 until the A4, then turn towards Bath. At the roundabout on the outskirts of Bath take the second exit road, sign posted Newton St Loe which passes by the side of the Globe public house. You will find us down the hill ON THE LEFT after about 1 mile
If approaching from the M4 from the east, take Junction 18 and head south on the A46 towards Bath, then take care to slip left before overpass and turn right on to the A4 towards Bath. After about 1 mile turn left at the traffic-lights signposted "other routes". Now follow signs to Bristol and after leaving built up area look for the Globe Pub on the large roundabout where the A39 ends on the A4. At this roundabout take the exit road, sign posted Newton St. Loe which passes by the side of the Globe public house.You will find us down the hill ON THE LEFT after about 1km.
From the South East take the A36 all the way to Bath, follow the A4 signs to Bristol, and then take the same directions at the Globe Pub.
From the South West take the A39 until its Northern limit at the Globe Pub Roundabout, then take the third exit as above towards Newton St. Loe. From Bristol take the A4 to the Globe Pub
If Hiking (Train or Bus), take No. 5 Bus from Bus Station and ask to be dropped off at Newton Mill Camp Site (Bus stop is Pennyquick View) Cross the road, walk along the path between the houses and the playing field. When this path turns right, cross over the grass to your left, through the gate, down the path then turn right on the driveway to Reception.
Newton Road, Bath, N.E. Somerset BA2 9JF
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 333909